Bay Region 4 California Preschool Instructional Network
The California Department of Education’s (CDE) CPIN is an initiative designed to close the “preparation gap” for three-to-five year olds, including English learners and children with special needs, by providing all children with opportunities to begin Kindergarten ready to succeed. Contra Costa County Office of Education is the Lead Educational Agency (LEA) that houses Bay Region 4 CPIN, serving Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Solano counties.
CPIN’s focus is to:
- Establish and maintain a network of preschool administrators/leaders in each region that meets five times during the school year. The goal is for leaders to return to their own sites and build capacity. Participants represent agencies and organizations such as:
- Title V Preschool Programs
- Even Start
- Local Child Care Planning Councils
- County Offices of Education
- Head Start
- Universities and Colleges
- Family Child Care Homes
- First 5
- Private Preschool/Pre-K Programs
- Cooperative Preschool Programs
- K-12 School Districts
- Provide and/or coordinate professional development opportunities for preschool teachers and staff based upon current and confirmed research on language, literacy, and early mathematics.
- Disseminate the new California Preschool Learning Foundations to teachers and administrators and begin to build relationships between preschool and early elementary practitioners and leaders. Volume I covers social-emotional development, language and literacy, English language development (for English learners) and mathematics.
- Develop and/or support existing regional communication and collaboration systems among the various preschool providers
Network participants will also have the opportunity to provide feedback to CDE on the DRAFT California Preschool Learning Foundations, Volume 2. The new document will cover visual and performing arts, physical development, and health and is due out for field review in Spring 2009; Bay Area dates to be determined.
return to top of page
Region 4 California Preschool Instructional Network
|English Learner Lead
|Special Education Lead
return to top of page
Page updated on: