Strategic Plan - Vision, Values & Focus
The Contra Costa County Office of Education
has expressed its commitment to quality in a vision statement, values,
and focus areas.
CCCOE Strategic Plan 2011-2014
Education empowers tomorrow's global citizens.
Our mission is to be the premier county education
agency providing bold leadership, high quality
programs, and innovative services.
Advocacy for all learners
- Provide services and products that support
learning and accountability.
- Take the lead in creating and sustaining
partnerships and collaborations that strengthen
opportunities for learners.
- Challenge the status quo by promoting an
environment that values creativity, encourages
risk taking, and supports innovation.
- Recruit, support, and retain outstanding people
for careers in education that reflect our diverse
- Provide local and regional high-quality
professional development to meet student,
district, and staff needs.
- Incorporate technology to enhance learning and
- Use two-way communication to evaluate
services and inform data-driven decisions.
- Advocate for all learners by promoting the
successes and explaining the challenges of public
Superintendent of Schools
Joseph A. Ovick, Ed.D.
County Board of Education
Area 1 Pamela M. Mirabella
Area 2 Ellen M. Elster
Area 3 Daniel A. Gomes
Area 4 Richard P. Asadoorian
Area 5 Cynthia T. Ruehlig
Page updated on: